How do i get my licence back after probation is completed?

Asked over 4 years ago - Floral Park, NY

I received my first (and only) DWI in 2006, had my license revoked and was placed on probabion for 3 years. I recently received a letter from my probation officer that my probation term has been complete. What steps do I now need to take to get my license back.

1. Michael Evan Greenspan

Answered . You need to submit the letter from your probation officer confirming the completion of your probation along with a completed "Application for Driver License" (MV-44), available from the DMV Internet Office, a DMV Call Center, or any motor vehicle office to the NYS DMV's Driver Improvement Adjudication Unit also known as the "DIAU". Payment must be by check or money order only, payable to the "Commissioner of Motor Vehicles." Mail your application and payment to:

Driver Improvement Adjudication Unit
    Department of Motor Vehicles
    6 Empire State Plaza
    Albany, NY 12228
    Phone: 1-518-474-0774

The DMV will review your driving record and notify you by mail whether your application is approved or denied. If approved, you must bring it to a state or county motor vehicle office for processing. You may be required to pass qualifying tests. After your license is issued, you must serve a six-month probationary period. Please be sure that you have paid the Driver's responsibility Assessment of $250 that was required to be paid annually for three years following your conviction.

Good Luck

Mike Greenspan

2. Michael Howard Joseph

Answered . You need to go to DMV and apply for it.

3. Carlos Gonzalez

Pro

Answered . bring proof of completion to DMV and reapply...