Skip to main content

How do I get my job back or a settlement, for being fired after reporting sexual harassment?

Hugo, OK |

I just started a job at a Farm and Ranch store about 4 weeks ago, and after I was hired they also hired another guy. The other guy started to sexual harass me, including asking me what my favorite body parts were. I told him it was none of his business and that he needed to shut up and leave me alone. I told this to my on duty manager and he reported it and had us fill out statements. A few days later the guy was fired and I also was fired for "raising my voice", which did not happen though I may have had an irritated tone. We then proceeded to call the higher ups in the company to ask for an appeal, and found out they were the ones who had made the decision. I want to go further to either get my job back with more stability or get a large settlement, since to my knowledge this is wrong.

Attorney Answers 2


You need to talk to a labor/ employent lawyer. This sounds to me like retaliation.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


It sounds like you have been illegally terminated. The first step is to file a written complaint with the EEOC. This must be done within 180 days of you being fired. It is very helpful to have an attorney help you with this process.

My firm handles this type of law in Oklahoma, along with other consumer law issues. Please call me for a free consultation. 800-350-2707 or 918-200-9272.


Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics