How do i get my husband out of jail.

Asked over 2 years ago - Gainesville, GA

my husband went to jail on the 6th and it is because of his ex wife he owed back child support.. and he was paying her we have recits from western unuion of where we sent the money so he was making payments she put a warrent out for his arrest how long can they hold him if this is his first time being in jail for this.. he was bairly working at the time we had verbil agrements made out of what we could do because he wasnt making enough money. she had addmited to me on the phone that she didnt know if the boys were his and i was wondering if he got a dna test done and they came back as not his does he still have to pay the child support. what do i have to do so that he can get out and be back with his family..

1. Robbin Shipp

1

Answered . Hire an attorney...all of the mitigating factors which you have recited can be used by a skillful attorney to argue against incarceration...good luck

2. Zachary Walter Procter

Pro

Answered . You should get in touch with a local attorney who handles both family law and criminal law. Since he was paying, and you have proof of that, a lawyer should be able to get him out of jail and defeat any child abandonment charges that she had brought against him.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . Since you claim there is proof of his compliance with the payments a criminal defense attorney in Gainesville, Florida must handle this case to show compliance. Besides, the DNA issued must be checked and the legal obligations for child support must be examined by a family law attorney in Florida.
    It is not possible to do it on Avvo.