Skip to main content

How do I get my fiancee to become a premanent resident?

Gaithersburg, MD |

Are there any laws in MD that prohibit first cousins from getting married?
If not, what forms should I file to get my fiancee (who happens to be my 1st cousin) here and become a U.S. permanent resident?

Please help! I need answers.

My fiancee lives in Peru and I live here in Md. I am a U.S. Citizen.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. It appears that MD does not forbid marriage between first cousins. Considering the amount of investment you have in this, you should consider retaining an attorney to handle the immigration process for you. If you believe you can process it yourself, you can locate the necessary forms on the USCIS website.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics