Skip to main content

How do I get my ex wife what she agreed to in the settlement?

Merced, CA |

she was to pay off me SUV, then sent me a letter that she would no. She also was to pay off the credit cards in me SSN, then stopped after 3 or so months. iJust found out that she continued to use my EIN from my business until she sold it a few months later. She also used my name to rent apartments and homes, I just found this out also.
We were divorced in 1999, is it too late? She also failed to pay employee taxes to EDD, and they put a lien on my bank account.
She will talk to me and the only way I have to get in touch with her is to give a message to me daughter, then her current husband will call, but denies everything. I do not like to put my daughter into the middle so I have put it off.

Attorney Answers 2


You need to hire an Attorney and go back to court for contempt, better and stronger orders and of course attorneys fees. Once you get the Order notify all of the agencies trying to collect money from you, that those debts are hers from the date of seperation on and attach all relevant court orders.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Mark as helpful


Orders from divorce court have to be enforced through divorce court. Hope this perspective helps!

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics