How do i get my ex whom is remarring to pay child support plus he is arrears going on 4year now

Asked over 1 year ago - Henderson, TX

He has only made one payment of 400dollars since he was court ordered and he gets to see the kids when he wants and he gets weekend and he is about to re marry

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Vicki Elaine Wiley

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You can file a motion to enforce child support through the Attorney General's local office. They will confirm his child support arrearage, and give him the chance ( or 2 or 3) to make his payments more regularly & consistently, and if he doesn't, they will invite him to spend a few months in jail. At least he does have a relationship with his kids. That's a good thing.

    This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person... more
  2. Matthew Thomas Majeski


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Contact They will have access to collection/enforcement measures if it's doable.

    Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now