How do i get my ex husband off the deed to my house?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Gibsonia, PA

this was part of the settlement agreement which he signed. the divorce is final and i paid the lawyer in full but she never did get the deed in just my name. he is in prison and i really do not want contact with him. i heard that i could do this myself with a quit claim deed. do i need a lawyer for this process or can i just send him the form and hope he signs it and take it to a notary? if i should have a lawyer how much should i be charged? also i tried everyway possiblle to contact my lawyer to get this done and got no response. then i put it on the back burner. so its been like three years.

1. Charles Anthony Rick

Answered . I agree with Attorney Kenyon. Attempt to contact your attorney once more. If he is unwilling/unable to help, contact a family law attorney to prepare the deed for you. It shouldn't cost you a lot of money to have a quit claim deed to be prepared.

2. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Answered . Try one more time to contact your prior lawyer. If no response you may consider asking the Pennsylvania Bar association for assistance. Otherwise, contact a local real estate lawyer and have a quit claim deed prepared. He needs to sign it and it needs to be filed in your local land registry (called the Register of Deeds in Wisconsin).

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.
    Thank you.

--- Experienced DUI/DWI/OWI/Drunk Driving Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin
    http://addbalance.com/drunk_driving_lawyer.htm

--- Facebook Page Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin Drunk Driving / OWI / DWI / DUI Lawyer
    http://www.facebook.com/MadisonWiDrunkDrivingLa...