How do I get my EAD Renewed - I have Approved VAWA, Went to I-485 Interview (RFE), RFE Submitted. Will I be put in removal?

Garden Grove, CA |

I have an approved VAWA petition (approved 11/22/2011 EXP 2/28/13), I applied for an EAD 2/02/12 (approved 3/29/12 EXP 3/28/13). I would like to renew my EAD, am I eligible to do so at this moment?
I went for my adjustment interview 12/12/12 and was asked for RFE (due 1/8/13). I submitted the RFE 1/2/13 and have a return receipt notice as proof.
Will I be put in removal proceedings because my I-360 expires 2/28/13? I do not think that I will have gotten the EAD by then if I submit my renewal ASAP.
How much will it cost for the renewal of EAD?
Thanks!

1. If you applied for adjustment and your application is pending then you are eligible to renew your EAD. It costs $380 to renew and you can do it online.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I think you're confusing the validity of the I-360 for deferred action purposes and it's validity to adjust status. You've done the latter and the only way you'll be in removal proceedings is if your I-485 is denied and your I-360 deferred action request is not renewed.

3. I agree with my colleagues

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104