How do i get my driver's license back?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Luis Obispo, CA

my driver's license was suspended in virginia for possession of marijuana. california wouldn't suspend a license over that. how do i get my license back in california since i moved here?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jon William Woolsey


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . California respects the license status of other states and so long as they recognize, through the interstate compact, that you've been suspended CA won't issue you a license. You need to resolve your Virginia issues first. Get in touch with a lawyer there and see if a restriction is available as it is with DUI one-year suspensions.

  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . My colleague is correct. You need to clear up your suspended license issues in VA before CA will issue you a license. I suggest you post this on Avvo VA site to get advice from VA attorneys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,991 answers this week

2,965 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,991 answers this week

2,965 attorneys answering