Skip to main content

How do I get my divorce finalized after the case is consolidated with a separate case? Do I file signed decree before court?

Belton, TX |

Can I ask the judge at the consolidation hearing to set the cases for final hearing? Or do I have to call back afterward to get it set for hearing?
Do I file a signed copy of my divorce decree before going to court for final hearing or just have it and copies with me for judge?

The first case is a temporary custody case of our children with my sister.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You can request the court coordinator to set the case for final after the cases have been consolidated. You do sign the final decree before you go to court and take copies. Take the decree and the copies with you to court.

    Bobby Barina's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Barina offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call his office at 254-699-3755 to make an appointment or visit his website at for more information about his services.

  2. Ask your attorney. If you do not have one, then call the Court's clerk to see what their procedure is. Good Luck.

    Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact at the Law Office of Daniel Corno, (832) 767-2922, 1535 South Richey, Pasadena, Texas 77502,

  3. I suggest that you talk with your attorney about this issue. If you do not have an attorney, you should consult with an attorney. At that meeting, be sure to bring all pleadings and orders from both cases with you. Thank you.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics