How do I get my deposit back for engine never purchased by auto shop

Asked about 1 year ago - Saint Louis, MO

gave auto shop a partial deposit to purchase an engine. The engine was sold by the supplier and I want to get my deposit back

1. C. Curran Coulter

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . What you can and should do will vary depending on the terms of the agreement you had with the auto shop. I would read through the contract then talk to the shop to work it out on your own if you can. If you are unable to accomplish it on your own or would feel more comfortable with an attorney, contact one that will adequately represent your interests.

*** If you like my answer, please mark it as the best answer.

Sincerely,
    C. Curran Coulter II, J.D.
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    THE COULTER LAW FIRM, LLC
    8000 Maryland Ave., Suite 1060
    St. Louis, Missouri 63105
    www.stl-lawfirm.com
    Office: (314) 721-1116
    Fax: (314) 725-1026
    curran@stl-lawfirm.com

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Missouri and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Responses are based solely on Missouri law unless stated otherwise.

2. Ronald Jay Eisenberg

1

Answered . An attorney would need to see the contract. You could file a lawsuit on your own or through a litigation attorney. You may give me a call to discuss your options in more detail.