Skip to main content

How do I get my child support lowered?

Winter Garden, FL |

I was charged with child support back in October and since then I have developed a good relationship with my daughter that I didn't know about before. Now she comes over and spends just about every weekend with me. I pay for all the transportation, we live about 2 hours from each other, plus the court ordered 500 a month support. What forms do I need to file to get it lowered now that she spends as much time as her moether will let her at my house.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


First, check the online child support calculator at to see if the amount of support you pay is too much. If it is, file a motion to modify support. You can get the sample form for that at the website I mentioned.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!


I agree with Mr. Rose's answer above, in addition if you and your ex are in agreement........You may want to look into a modification of the timesharing plan on a more permanent basis and not just as part of an informal arrangment. This could also greatly affect your child support amount to be paid (lowering it) as you would be supporting her and clothing her, feeding her when she is with you. Glad to hear you are building that relationship. Good Luck to you. Another great resource for you in the future is

The answering of this question is not and does not create and Attorney Client relationship, nor should it be construed as legal advice regarding your specific situation. Please contact a Florida Licensed Attorney such as myself in order to retain our services, enter into an Attorney Client relationship, and receive legal advice regarding your specific situation..

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer