How do I get my car out of the impound if someone else, without a license got a DUI in my car?

Asked about 5 years ago - Long Beach, CA

My boyfriend just got a DUI early last Thursday morning (1:20 am). He didn't have a license. It wasn't suspended or anything; He just never applied for one. He was driving my car and I wasn't in the car at the time of his arrest. The car is registered in my name. How can I get my car out of the impound without having to pay $1800 and wait 30 days?

1. Edward Jerome Blum

Answered . You need to request a hearing from the cops. The car is only supposed to be impounded if the DUI suspect is the owner.

Edward J. Blum

2. Manny Daskal

Answered . You have the right to a hearing on the impound. Unfortunately, it is with the police and that generally doesn't bode well for you, but do it anyhow. You never know. So, call the police dept. that did the impound and request te hearing.