How do I get my belongings out of the house I was staying at? My x roomate wont let me get them.

Seattle, WA |

I was staying temporarily at a friends house. He held a gun to my head so the next day I left and filled out a police report. Now he wont let me get my belongings out of the house. The police said to file a no contact order and request a civil assist but they said that was only for personal items . I have some furniture over there. How do I get all my stuff?

1. The police have already given you the answer. Obtain a no-contact order or anti-harassment order first and at the hearing request a civil assist which will need to be a specific date and time so that you can get your belongings. You certainly do not want to go there alone, without a court order and unescorted by the police. If you go to the courthouse, there are forms that you can fill out to start the process.