Skip to main content

How do I get Medical Records for my Mother and Father If they have died?

Saint Louis, MO |

Need more Medical Information on my Father's Death in September 2012?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. The easiest way is if an estate has been opened the personal representative of the estate can request the records.

    This answer is provided as a public service for informational purposes only. Providing this information does not create an attorney-client relationship. As with all legal matters, you should contact an experienced attorney in your geographical area to discuss the law specific to your state. For more information, see

  2. Call the executor

  3. The legal representative of the estate can get them

  4. The personal representative of the estate is the only person who can get the records from the doctor, hospital or other health care provider.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics