Skip to main content

How do I get low income help with child custody battle?

Saint Louis, MO |
Filed under: Child custody

My ex is a class c felon. He is not fit to parent our child at all. I am low income. I go to school full time, and work part time. I get no financial help from my childs father. I can not afford to pay legal fees. I need sole custody of my child though, and he refuses to sign rights over so it's my only choice.

Attorney Answers 1


You may want to contact the Missouri Bar Association. They offer an attorney referral system. You could look into whether there are attorneys in your area who have programs for low-income individuals in your situation. You may also want to ask the Missouri Bar Association whether there are any legal clinics in your area that offer services which may suit your needs.

The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. The above answer was intended to give a general overview of the applicable law and should not be construed as individual legal advice. Answering this question is not intended to create an attorney client relationship. You should consult with a lawyer before relying on the statements provided herein.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics