How Do I Get Lawyers Charged with Gaming the System

Buena Park, CA |

I am suing US Bank in Pro Per and was able to get a restraining order against them . Their lawyers [ Sever son and Person , AC ] turned around and got a TOR against me by going to a different courthouse ( Fullerton versus Santa Ana ) accusing me of workplace violence , but without naming either of the cases . [ We have two cases , and the Santa Ana judges put them under the same judge on Feb 6 . If they had filed the TOR in Santa Ana near their Irvine offices , chances are it would have been assigned to the same judge . They did not inform me of the Ex parch hearing and 9 - days later , still have not served me with the TOR . I don't even know if I can go to court to defend my cases without being arrested .

You will not be arrested for going to court in a case in which you are a party.

One of the main differences between lay persons and licensed attorneys is familiarity with the legal system. Filing actions in compliance with the rules of the court is not "gaming the system."

The brutal reality is that until you retain counsel to protect and defend your rights in these matters, you will continue to be confused and feel victimized by those are licensed to know how the legal system works. That attorney can explain to you with particularity what has been "done to you," so far and assess you rapidly decreasing options.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

I was quite offended by your answer, which was pretty much "Hire a lawyer, you stupid lay person." The brutal reality is that while I am not a lawyer, I am not an idiot. Clearly you must think me to be one; otherwise why would you think I would designate your self-serving answer as a best answer? My first response was to go on Facebook and flame Avvo for encouraging such silly behavior, but I decided to respond to you directly so that your peers who felt your answer was sufficient will hopefully change their thinking. The brutal reality is that I did not come over her looking for someone to tell me hire a lawyer. I have been ignoring state and federal judges from since 2001 suggesting that I hire a lawyer. I even represented myself in a case where the IRS accused me of tax fraud -- and won! So ... if you don't have any real advice to give people, just stay silent. Don't insult us.

They did not file the action in compliance with the rules of the court. After Judge Bauer moved all of our cases to the same judge and after Judge Bauer told Mr. Shaham that I was not "bullying him" simply because he had to come to court three days in a row -- including an emergency 8am Ex Parte hearing -- for legitimate hearings. One of the hearings resulted in a PI against BANA and the other resulted in a TRO against all banks. Moreover, I beat their client GMACM in 2009 and forced them to rescind a default and also forced their client BANA to reverse a 2012 foreclosure. Their response -- They went to a different judge on a Friday afternoon at 3pm before a holiday and during the Chris Dorner madness, accused us of being violent criminals -- Eagle Scout/US Air Force Academy/ architect and First Class Girl Scout/ Harvard Kennedy Fellow/ Senior Electrical Engineer -- because we are Black. The judge accepted it because this is Orange County, CA. btw - I did designate a best answer. I gave it to the guy who provided me with useful information. I have been following ALL of the rules and they keep breaking them.

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

Well, that one thing that's great about this country. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how ill-informed. And you are entitled to TAKE offense, because that is how offense works. None was certainly intended. You have every right to proceed without legal advice and representation, but you do so at your own peril. Nothing you have said changes my original answer. I regret that you don't like it.