Skip to main content


Stuart, FL |
Filed under: Marriage and prenups

I have 4 years relationship with a he 2nd time refused to marry me after 100% relations.i want to file the case.we have relationship since parents tell him as well as his parents to discussed about over marriage but they are not responding.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. There is no law in Florida that requires a person to marry you even if you have had a long term relationship and the person promised to do so many times. If your reference to 100% relations is a reference to sexual intercourse, that does not mean that a person must marry you.

    I provide a free 15 minute telephone consult for security deposit claims and eviction defense. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering questions in this public forum. If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship, you must contact me directly and sign a representation agreement. Answers are provided based on general ideas and an answer specific to your situation would require a review of all documents.

  2. Based on what you have said, you don't have a case to file.

    My answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. No law in Florida can be utilized to force one person to marry another. Leave him and find someone who truly wants to marry you.


    Daniel Bachert, Esq.
    The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
    330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
    West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
    (561) 653-3951

    Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you.

  4. You do not a legal cause of action. An attorney cannot help you with this matter.

    The information and materials on this blog are provided for general informational purposes only and are not intended to be legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information and materials provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. Nothing on this blog is intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. If you require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics