Skip to main content

How do i get insurance on a estate property?

West Monroe, LA |

My attorney will not start a succession without insurance on the estate property and I can find no insurance company that will insure a vacant property. This is not a dilapidated property. it is well maintained and even has an alarm system.

Attorney Answers 2


You should ask your attorney. If he is requiring it, he should know which insurance companies offer it.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You may need to provide the insurance companies with some evidence that you have an insurable interest in the property such as a copy of the will or a copy of the pleadings the attorney intends to file appointing you as administrator. Also you should contact the agent that previously had the insurance on the property.

Every situation is different and you should consult your own attorney to go over all the particular facts in your case. The answer given is only intended to provide general guidance regarding rights and responsibilities.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics