How do I get help from an automobile accident?

Asked about 2 years ago - Liberty, KY

I am trying to find out how to claim or get a lawyer for a wreck we was in Friday the 15th. he has progressave insurance I dont know what to do

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David W. Terry

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Very simple. Go to Google and type in "Kentucky car accident attorney" (or a similar search term) and you will get quite a few names. Start making phone calls and appointments. Talk to lawyers and find out who you feel comfortable with and who has experience in handling car accident cases. Be sure and ask them what your statute of limitations is so you have a handle on how much time you have to file your case. If you wait until after the statute of limitations has passed you will likely be barred from filing a lawsuit.

    Good luck!

  2. Jeffrey Todd Jones


    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can look in the phone book, get on the computer and type in car accident lawyer for your area or the best way would be to get a referral from a friend or family memebr who has worked with a lawyer. That way you will have an idea about what kind of person the lawyer is , how he works, etc.

  3. Steven Mark Sweat

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I would suggest contacting your local bar association and specifically an attorney that may be a member of American Association for Civil Justice or some other civil plaintiff's trial lawyer association and is familiar with auto claims.

    Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,932 answers this week

2,996 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,932 answers this week

2,996 attorneys answering