Skip to main content

How do I get guardianship released from my soon to be ex wife? We are both guardians to my blood nephew. She wants the child.

Colorado |

I am getting a divorce as my wife has metal issues I can no longer deal with. We both have guardianship over my nephew. How do I request she be removed?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Only a court can remove your wife as guardian. Likewise, only a court can remove you as guardian if your wife tries to act alone as guardian. If your nephew is 13 years old or over, he will have a say in who should be his guardian. In order to sort this out, you will need to file a motion with the court that initially appointed you and your wife as guardians.