How do I get Full Custody after Joint Custody, and father has Physical Custody, but he is joining the National Guard?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boynton Beach, FL

Father has Physical Custody, and is some how giving guardianship to his father while he is in active national guard duty. How is it possible for him to do that. Doesn't the other parent with joint custody have legal rights? Grandparent is not trustworthy, and father is very manipulative person. He took my son out of our home in South Korea and left me to go to Kansas. I have been looking around the United States for work, and have been unsuccessful. Currently, I am in Florida, and maybe getting a job within a week. Please help!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael John Harrington

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Petition for sole custody and also object to the guardianship.

    The answers on this discussion board are general in nature and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,554 answers this week

2,869 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,554 answers this week

2,869 attorneys answering