Skip to main content

How do I get free legal representation?

Perryville, MO |

I'm 18, unemployed, and homeless. I'm being charged with 3rd Degree assault, and have no way of hiring a private attorney. I have asked the judge for a court appointed lawyer and was told I would be unable to receive one since I'm not facing jail time. It would appear as though my only option would be to plead guilty to a crime I did not commit, and pay fines for which I have no money.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Try the arch city defenders. You are most certainly facing jail time in a 3rd degree assault, unless the prosecutors have said otherwise. I would apply for the public defender anyway and wait for them to turn you down first.

    Never describe your facts in an online forum. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics