How do I get everything on the record when I walk into the court room? Even if my case isn't going to be heard that day?

Alto, GA |

How do I get EVERYTHING SAID BY THE JUDGE AND COUNSEL RECORDED even if not heard? Opposing counsel said all kinds of things that changed and the Judge granted a continuance and ordered mediation on a contempt unrecorded. Now, we have to go in there for another continuance and I don't want this off the record, too. Previously the Judge had said one thing at opening that was never "heard" (drop the demand for jury trial and opposing counsel drop the contempt and he granted a judgment) and then later denied he said it and put me in jail on the same contempt/judgment after I had dropped the jury trial and made a payment on judgment. Help?!?! This is the same district where 3 judges (2 who have harmed me) have been removed from the bench. Should this be #4??? Media is welcome to contact me.

It sounds like you have made one and possibly two mistakes: (1) Not having a lawyer (it's not clear if you had one, but that's important), and (2) Not bringing your own court reporter. Most courts no longer provide reporters. You have to arrange for one and sometimes even pay one in advance. If you fail to bring a court reporter, you greatly reduce your chances of success on appeals or post-trial motions to near zero. The media won't help with appeals. A transcript from a court reporter will.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer unless you sign a retainer agreement). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy. State bar rules require that I disclose my name/contact information in any communication (Glen Ashman, 2791 Main Street, East Point GA 30344 - 404-768-3509 /geaatl@msn.com )

The Judge has his own court reporter. He does not offer to engage her unless he is doing the hearing. I am speaking about the time before the hearing or when discussing at the bench things that are suspicious for a judge to say that are not on record. Agreed that media won't help on an appeal, but neither does anyone else. Disagreed, that media will get corrupt judges removed from the bench as we have had 3 in this district in the short terrorized period my family has had to live through it. Attorneys have taken all of my money and failed, because pray tell how do YOU fight corrupt judges? You can't. So what's the point in hiring an attorney except giving up rights that attorneys consent to on our behalf and sell us further down the river of Injustice. I say that with respect in understanding that even you can not protect your clients from corrupt judges and none of you turn them in, because you always hope that their malfeasance leans towards you.

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman

Even in courts which have a court reporter available, you can bring your own. And in your situation you may want to. The court's reporter will only do a take down if you pay and make advance arrangements, and that take down will only include (usually) the actual hearing. Since you seem to want recorded things that happen right before or after a court reporter you pay will probably do that. (An additional note: many attorneys, myself included, have reported judicial conduct to the Georgia JQC. Obviously I can't speak to a case that I have not seen, but Georgia's JQC is quite active in judicial discipline and gets a great deal of cooperation from lawyers, judges and the bar association).

Well, God bless you and those who do stand up against the disHonorables! That is our duty!! Thank you!

You hire a court reporter to sit there and report everything that's said in open court. Expect to pay her in advance.

It sounds like you are doing this without a lawyer, which is a huge mistake. If you can afford a court reporter, you can probably afford a lawyer, and should.

You know that you wouldn't stand up to a corrupt judge either. Only honorable judges have removed corrupt judges and that requires our voices spreading the truth so when these corrupt judges try to get them to do something wrong, they know it's a pattern not a "favor". Attorneys have taken all my money and this corrupt District has taken most of my rights and then won't enforce the little bit I got after years of proof of a pattern of interference with my custody and the removal of the corrupt judges who have tortured and terrorized my family through their own contempt of the Court they say they serve. They continue to do borderline practice to try to shut me down and harm my family. Court Reporters are there, but they are not usually engaged until a hearing. Are you saying that I engage the Court Reporter before the Judge even sits down? Or, are you saying that I bring my court reporter for the ten minutes at the bench of a judge saying "you can't use the court to communicate and argue" and yet when it's against me "an order is an order". The bias and corruption is clear and I WANT PROOF!

Court reporter. One thing to know, you pay for their time to be there/perform the "take down," and another fee for the transcript.

Yes, I am familiar with that process and cost. I am in need of way to protect myself from corruption by the ole bait and switch. One thing said and agreed upon and another thing down the pike later and not having the proof.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody