How do I get divorce paperwork to file myself and start the process

Asked over 1 year ago - Gary, IN

I need to know the cheapest way to file for this divorce and do the paperwork. I would like this to be an easy process. We only lived together for 11 months.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

7

Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this. The court's website should have info and the court may help but like my very inteligent collegue has stated, any mistakes could be very costly. Be careful. Take care and Merry Christmas.

2. Burton A. Padove

Pro

3

Answered . Try the self help area at the IndiNa Judiciary website

3. David Alexander Browde

Pro

2

Answered . You should consult a local attorney and discuss your options. If the case is contested, if there are children or if there are property interests to divide hiring an attorney is a lot cheaper than making mistakes.

4. Julie Dominiack

Pro

Answered . You may also want to consult a lawyer because you may be surprised. Some attorneys are certainly willing to work with you on payment arrangements. And having an attorney handle the filing for you will leave with certainty that it will not come back to haunt you later. Also, I believe the most expensive part if you are filing an uncontested no children divorce is the filing fee. If you are truly without income you may seek permission from the court to file for free. You can do this by filing a petition of indigency. The court clerk may have one for your use. Good luck to you. I wish you the best in this New Year.