Skip to main content

How do i get court permission to leave the state?

Glen Ellyn, IL |

my court date isn't until the beginning of may. I live in illinois and am supposed to go to san diego in a week for a family members graduation from boot camp.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Your post does not say what your court date is about nor does it list any heading that clarifies if you are a convicted riminal, parent cusodian under court order, parolee etc.....

    Consequently, no observation is possible

  2. I'm assuming you are under some court order that forbids you from doing so.

    If you want to leave the State, then go before the Judge that sentenced you and ask permission to leave the jurisdiction.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics