How do I get Commissioner & GAL to see through the BS that my son's father is presenting? They don't listen to anything I say!

Asked 6 months ago - De Pere, WI

It took 2 1/2 years and $5,000 to finally get an agreement of e/o weekend for my 13yr. old son. Now his Dad says his job (split shift/dif.weekends) is an issue (but hasn't been for last 18 months??) & he wants him EVERY wknd HE has off. The fact that Dad's brother is top of law agency in this county doesn't help me AT ALL, they do what he asks for. He stopped being civil. He also wants son to stand up for his wedding & I believe w/no OK from me. this is real reason. Court order states 7 days vacation over YOUR weekend & petitioner (ME) rules on even number years. So I can say NO & it's MY weekend & we have plans to go out of state! How can he do this? Son is dyslexic w/ADHD, needs stability, not random weekends! How do I get ANYONE to care AT ALL about this? Who wants to figure out wknds?

1. Jane E Probst

Pro

Answered . If the GAL is not in your side and the Commissioner is listening more to him or her, you may need to request a custody study and a certification to the judge. You need to consult with an experienced family law attorney.

2. Amy Boettcher

Pro

Answered . You need to hire an attorney to represent you. but if your biggest beef is that your ex wants his son to attend his wedding, don't count on a judge siding with you.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . You can hire an attorney. Try legal aid if you can't afford one. Some lawschools also run legal aid clinics and have different requirements that your state's legal aid foundation.