Skip to main content

How do i get child abandonment, child endangerment, and criminal neglect charges dropped?

Sulphur Springs, TX |

Our children were taken from us by police in hopkins county a little over two months ago. We asked a sitter to watch them while we ran an errand and a neighbor called the cops stating no one had been with my 1 year old for over half an hour. The police took her to jail and turned my children over to the local CPS department. They kept our kids due to our home being severly messy. We have since cleaned up our apartment, moved out of that complex to a new apartment due to housing conditions and issues with neighbors, and have been cooperating with CPS and their services to get our kids back. Yesterday we got notification of the charges, which police stated two months ago they were not going to charge us with.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Get an experienced lawyer involved immediately. If there are likely to be criminal charges, I suggest hiring a criminal lawyer to deal with the DA and the police. Getting this done on your own won't happen.

    I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics