How do I get an upward modification of child support if NCP is working overseas and I haven't known his location in over a year.

Asked 10 months ago - New York, NY

NCP left the country over a year ago and has not paid child support. The child support agreement is that it would increase for cost of living every two years and increase if there was in increase in his salary. I have no access to his salary information now and if and when I do is anything retroactive?

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Use the last known address to serve him. File an enforcement proceeding seeking child support, finding of willfulness, incarceration, money judgment, legal fees and interest. If you want an upward modification, then file a petition for it.

2. Bruce Provda

Pro

2

Answered . If he is in the military contact his commanding officer. If, however, he is employed overseas and not in the military, then you would be wise to consult an attorney as different countries have different rules for service of process and some don't recognize US courts at all.

3. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

1

Answered . Search for him. Hire an international private investigator.

4. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

Answered . As long as the "child Support agreement" was reduced to a court order, then there's no need to re-establish jurisdiction. You would need to petition for upward modification after the 2 years, and then hire a private investigator to locate him.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.