How Do I get an Income Deduction Order for alimony?

Belleview, FL |
Filed under: Divorce Alimony

I got awarded alimony and now my ex has filed a modification 20 days after the order was entered (he moved and is attempting to say his higher rent he can't afford alimony) and my attorney refuses to communicate with me. (yes my attorney is in trouble with the Florida Bar for this), so I could really use any advice on how to file one. Thank you for any advice.

Our court order states he has 30 days to create an account with Florida disbursement Unit and has to start paying me immediately (now 2 pay checks) and any party at any time can file for the income deduction order,

If you are not happy with your current attorney and are uncertain about how to proceed, you should consult with and perhaps retain a different attorney. You always have the right to the attorney of your choice.

Detailed answers to many frequently asked questions regarding divorce, custody, visitation, child support, alimony, paternity and other Family Law matters are located on my website at http://www.mitchell-pa.com/FAQ_Main.html Be sure to stop by and check it out! And of course, if you have a question that is not addressed, please feel free to email me directly.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, my office offers free initial telephone consultations. During the consultation, we can discuss the particulars of your situation in depth, as well as explore your potential rights and options. If you would like to coordinate a free initial telephone consultation, please contact my office at 407-971-6140 or 352-324-2444 to schedule same.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements.

Joanna Mitchell
    Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
    614 E. Hwy 50, Suite 327
    Clermont, FL 34711-3164
    PH: (352) 324-2444
    FX: (352) 324-2229
    Email: jmitchell@mitchell-pa.com
    Web: www.mitchell-pa.com

2. You really need an attorney to prepare an income deduction order, they are a little tricky. You should check with a new attorney.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******