How do I get an extension of discovery date in federal court for personal injury , no counsel will take case vs walmart ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

Me vs walmart, I lack counsel, and no counsel wants the case since its in litigation phase, I have discovery deadline February 8, 2013.

1. Andrew Daniel Myers

1

Best Answer

Answered . I'm not going to repeat the good advice you have received from the thoughtful attorneys here because I agree. My contribution is that as of this date you still have several weeks. Do the discovery. GIve good faith accurate answers but keep them concise and brief. If you slam back the answers and documents within the deadline it will show just how serious you are about your case. Here is more on discovery: [Blue Link Below]

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

1

Answered . Simply ask the court for more time--however, the "I don't have an attorney" argument only goes so far--the court is aware you don't have an attorney and that you decided to pass on getting one (for what may be perfectly legitimate reasons), but that does not mean the court will cut you much, if any slack.

3. George Costas Andriotis

2

Answered . Simply ask for an extension. Usually common courtesy to give and receive reasonable requests for extensions.

4. Sean Michael Patrick

1

Answered . It seems odd that nobody wants to take on the case just because it is in 'litigation,' I would still recommend counsel, especially against a giant like Wal-Mart. But it is true that generally you can simply request an extension. I would caution you that these requests also only go so far. Best of luck.