How do I get an attorney for independent adoption

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

There is a girl who is pregnant and she wants me to adopt her child. We both live in the same state. My husband is in the military. What steps do we need to take and what kind of lawyer do we need.

Additional information

We both live in texas near fort worth. Her and her husband both want to relinquish rights when the child is born.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Irene Arfaras Steffas

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There are many fine adoption attorneys in Texas - go to for listing of attorneys who are members of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys. Good Luck to all of you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,444 answers this week

2,737 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,444 answers this week

2,737 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary