How do i get an anullment? how do i fight for full custody of my son?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chalmette, LA

Anullment because we were married young, and was influenced by family members.
as far as fighting for full-custody, the dad left when he was 6 months old, my child is almost 2, his dad doesnt know his doctor, favorite food, if he's ever been sick, or what size clothes or diapers he wears.. he hasnt supported him since he left, he's been fooling with other females as were still married, he was abusive, he has no home, he lives on a friends couch. he has issues that affect him from his childhood, and he has anger issues. what can i do?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Michael D. Conroy


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have not set out grounds to annul your marriage. You need to hire an attorney and seek custody of your child and child support.

    This response does not creat an attorney client relationship. In all cases, I recommend you seek a paid... more
  2. Lauren G. Coleman

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As per the other answer you have provided no grounds for having the marriage declared null. You do have the right to a divorce and should do that along with seeking child custody and child support.

    Every situation is different and you should consult your own attorney to go over all the particular facts in your... more
  3. Veleka Eskinde

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . No grounds stated for annulment. It is not grounds enough that you were young or family put pressure on you. Why not get a divorce plain and simple. Same result, no steep grounds required. Just live separate and apart for six month (or file an affidavit if you have already lived apart for six months) , and petition for full custody in your petition for divorce and you should get the results you are seeking. Please consult an attorney in your area for further assistance. Good Luck.

    <> Information provided in this response is intended to be informational or educational only. It in... more
  4. Jonathan Whaley

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with the other attorneys who have posted here. It sounds like you need a divorce, not an annulment. With regard to the custody issue, you may be able to move for sole custody. However, I would not recommend doing so without the assistance of an attorney. Good luck.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Child Custody in a Divorce

Child custody may be physical or legal. Physical custody covers who the child lives with, and legal custody is the right to make decisions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,920 answers this week

2,291 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,920 answers this week

2,291 attorneys answering