How do i get an anullment? how do i fight for full custody of my son?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chalmette, LA

Anullment because we were married young, and was influenced by family members.
as far as fighting for full-custody, the dad left when he was 6 months old, my child is almost 2, his dad doesnt know his doctor, favorite food, if he's ever been sick, or what size clothes or diapers he wears.. he hasnt supported him since he left, he's been fooling with other females as were still married, he was abusive, he has no home, he lives on a friends couch. he has issues that affect him from his childhood, and he has anger issues. what can i do?

1. Michael D. Conroy

Pro

2

Answered . You have not set out grounds to annul your marriage. You need to hire an attorney and seek custody of your child and child support.

2. Lauren G. Coleman

2

Answered . As per the other answer you have provided no grounds for having the marriage declared null. You do have the right to a divorce and should do that along with seeking child custody and child support.

3. Veleka Eskinde

1

Answered . No grounds stated for annulment. It is not grounds enough that you were young or family put pressure on you. Why not get a divorce plain and simple. Same result, no steep grounds required. Just live separate and apart for six month (or file an affidavit if you have already lived apart for six months) , and petition for full custody in your petition for divorce and you should get the results you are seeking. Please consult an attorney in your area for further assistance. Good Luck.

4. Jonathan Whaley

1

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys who have posted here. It sounds like you need a divorce, not an annulment. With regard to the custody issue, you may be able to move for sole custody. However, I would not recommend doing so without the assistance of an attorney. Good luck.