How do i get a warrant revoked cause hospitalization hills borough county fl

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

driving while license suspended ticket given 10 days to schedule w clerk of courts . deadline fell on 7th of Feb however on 4th of Feb ER visit diagnosis congestive heart failure issued bed rest . on 17th of Feb admired to hospital for continued heart issues . warrant was issued .

1. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

6

Answered . I would strongly recommend you contact a criminal defense attorney to assist you in filing the appropriate motions to attempt to get the warrant withdraw and defend the case. DWLSR charges are tricky because once you get so many in a timeframe they become a frlony. My firm is located in Tampa and offers free case consultations. Have a good weekend.

2. Craig A. Epifanio

6

Answered . You need to get an attorney to get the warrant withdrawn. An attorney can show the judge the mitigating circumstances to help you stay out of jail. Furthermore, getting an attorney will help your case in general to fight the charge on various grounds.

3. David P. Gilbert

Pro

6

Answered . You have a few options: go to the jail, do a "walk through" (mugshot, fingerprints, etc), and pay bond - OR try and do a motion to withdraw the warrant on your own (not recommended AT ALL), or hire a private criminal defense attorney to lift the warrant and resolve the charge. Free consult (813) 501-5002

4. Amber Hill

Pro

4

Answered . You will need to hire an attorney and they can request that the Judge withdraw the warrant based on the fact that you were in the hospital. Good luck and feel free to give my office a call if you would like a consultation.

5. Colleen M. Glenn

Pro

4

Answered . Your best bet is to file a motion to withdraw the warrant and set it for a hearing to argue that missing the date was not an intentional failure to appear. Good luck!

6. Dina Mayling Sheridan

4

Answered . Your reason for missing court is a valid one that can be easily handled by an attorney. I have filed many motions of this type and can often get the warrant removed the same day or within 24 hours, depending on the judge. Free consultation with me at 813-225-2695.