How do I get a ticket for disorderly conduct not to appear on my record?

Austin, TX |

I live in Austin, Tx and today received a disorderly conduct citation for flipping off a driver following me in my subdivision. The cop acknowledged that the judge was almost certain to dismiss it based on my record and I know this is only punishable by a fine not to exceed $500 but my clean record is the only thing I'm concerned about. Thanks!

Call the clerk of the court and ask if you can get a setting to talk to a prosecutor informally. If yes, they will probably either dismiss it or offer you a deferred disposition that results in a dismissal later. If that doesn't happen, set it for trial and consult an attorney.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100 defenseattorneysmith.com

Hire an attorney to beat the case, bargain it down or possibly get a diversion type agreement.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

You need to get the case dismissed. Talk to a local attorney.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him/her familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice.