How do I get a SUBPOENA to get my call records from T-Mobile?

Asked over 3 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

I have been trying to get my call records from T-Mobile for the past 10 days. T-Mobile Law Enforcement Relations Group told me I need a SUBPOENA to get those records. I need to get the call records by January 31, 2011 to present it as evidence to a federal court hearing on that date. I learned I can get the SUBPOENA either from an attorney or a civil court. I do not know how long it would take with the civil court. I would like to know if an attorney can help me get SUBPOENA for my call records from T-Mobile before January 31, 2011.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . Why can't you get them yourself off of the company's web site? Many cell phone companies have this. Do you have a lawyer working on your case? If YES, the lawyer should do this. If NO, go see the pro se Clerk at the court for guidance. You don't say what kind of case you have, but its a mistake for a non-lawyer to try and represent themselves.

2. Matthew R Schutz

Answered . Generally speaking subpoenas are issued by the Court. While you can go to the Court Clerks office and obtain the forms and some instruction, an attorney would be more familiar with the pricedural ins and outs.