How do i get a presettlement loan when my lawyer will not sign any documents from loan company . what are my options.

Redondo Beach, CA |

i have personal injury case with other party at fault and my lawyer has almost settled case he has sent me to his personal chiropractor and pain manegement , ect also need back and neck surgery . this was in 2006 in missouri and im in california now . i need a loan for expenses it has cost me too much money for all services from this accident and need to get caught up.

1. at this point in time it would be inappropriate to comment on what your attorney has advised you. if you have a question schedule a conference call or meeting at his office and ask for explanation

without a detailed review by a lawyer can all the issues raised in your question be appropriately addressed...nothing in this response should be construed as establishing a lawyer client relationship..the answers herein are for informational purposes and not to be construed as advice

2. As the other contributor stated, speak with your attorney. Your attorney must comply with your directives. Only do funding if you have no other option. Funding your case is almost never a good idea.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

3. I don't know your lawyer's motivations, but I don't sign either. I recommend that my clients not communicate with outsiders about their cases.

On the numbers, I believe that those "loans" are a bad deal generally. I refuse to provide privileged information to those loan companies and that's often a deal breaker.

Talk to your lawyer.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

4. Well I do anything I can to help my clients. I advise them that getting advances on their cases is expensive and it is better to wait for the settlement, however, I do many cases where a client has no other way to get income and they are desperate.

When a client advises me that they want a cash advance, I will cooprerate with the finance company so that they can get an advance.

Sounds to me like your attorney just does not want to do any extra work in filling out the paperwork it takes to get you the advance. Too bad.

No attorney/client relationship is or shall be created by this response on Avvo to non-clients of The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez.