How do i get a presettlement loan when my lawyer will not sign any documents from loan company . what are my options.

Asked about 2 years ago - Redondo Beach, CA

i have personal injury case with other party at fault and my lawyer has almost settled case he has sent me to his personal chiropractor and pain manegement , ect also need back and neck surgery . this was in 2006 in missouri and im in california now . i need a loan for expenses it has cost me too much money for all services from this accident and need to get caught up.

1. Jeff Tomberg

5

Answered . at this point in time it would be inappropriate to comment on what your attorney has advised you. if you have a question schedule a conference call or meeting at his office and ask for explanation

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

3

Answered . As the other contributor stated, speak with your attorney. Your attorney must comply with your directives. Only do funding if you have no other option. Funding your case is almost never a good idea.

3. John Gus Zgourides

3

Answered . I don't know your lawyer's motivations, but I don't sign either. I recommend that my clients not communicate with outsiders about their cases.

On the numbers, I believe that those "loans" are a bad deal generally. I refuse to provide privileged information to those loan companies and that's often a deal breaker.

Talk to your lawyer.

4. Norman Gregory Fernandez

Pro

Answered . Well I do anything I can to help my clients. I advise them that getting advances on their cases is expensive and it is better to wait for the settlement, however, I do many cases where a client has no other way to get income and they are desperate.

When a client advises me that they want a cash advance, I will cooprerate with the finance company so that they can get an advance.

Sounds to me like your attorney just does not want to do any extra work in filling out the paperwork it takes to get you the advance. Too bad.