How do I get a pfa dropped?

Pittsburgh, PA |

Me and my girlfriend was liveing together we got into a really big fight cops where called she went to jail,hadto got to court three, times so I could get the papers good for three years so she had to pay a fine and court cause now I would like to drop the pfa on her so we can move on with r lives without saying anything yo each other

If you plan on staying separate, then you do not need to drop the PFA. There are volunteers at the Allegheny County Courthouse that will discuss your options with you. You can work with them to determine if it is best for you to keep the PFA, modify the PFA or drop it all together. If the fight was serious enough to lead to a PFA, I suggest that my clients consider modifying the PFA and not withdrawing it. I have attached the link to the PFA section of the Allegheny County Adult Family Court Manual for you to refer to.

This answer is for informative purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. This Q&A forum does not create an attorney/client relationship. If you have a legal concern that is important to you, I urge you to consult with an attorney. For those who are concerned about their ability to afford legal assistance, the ACBA's Lawyer Referral Service is here to help: .