How do i get a peace order dropped

Ellicott City, MD |

A few days ago i got a peace order against my ex bf but i want to have it removed . How do i do this ? And how long will it take to happen ? The finally hearing is on Monday . Please help .

If you only have a temporary order in place at this point - you would just ask the judge to dismiss the petition for the peace order and not have it be entered as a final order. The judge will ask you questions, and then has the ability to dismiss the petition right there on the spot.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

Am i able to talk to him even though it hasnt been lifted yet but i am going to have it lifted?

Bennett James Wills

Bennett James Wills

Not knowing the contents of the peace order, I cannot tell you whether you can contact him or not. To ensure no one violates the order, the safe thing to do would be to not contact him. But again, I cannot give an answer without knowing what the judge ordered.

Very simple. At the final hearing move to dismiss the Order. A temporary order is only good for seven days.