How do i get a paternity test done at 10-13 weeks if am i am wanting to file for sole custday before the child is born.

Austin, TX |

i am the supposed father, but want to make sure i really am. there is a two week frame where my ex girlfriend had left me and stayed with her ex.

If you mean that she is approximately 13 weeks pregnant, it isn't going to happen. Paternity testing happens after the birth of the child.

The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your community. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state

Christopher Scott Mcham

Christopher Scott Mcham

genetic testing is possible but it is expensive and opens the mother and unborn child up to the risk of infection and therefore no judge in his or her right mind is going to agree to it. You'll have to wait until the child is born.

You have to wait until the child is born. If you you want to be sure you file a SAPCR and request a DNA test as soon as possible to establish that you are not/ are the father. Its best to do this early because you don't want build up a large amount of child support if you are the father.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody