Skip to main content

How do i get a passport?

Brentwood, CA |
Filed under: Legal custody

How do i get a passport if i'm 16, i don't have neither of my parents because they are in Mexico but i don't have any contact with my dad, and my grandma is not my legal guardian.

Attorney Answers 3


You may try and apply but given your age you may have some issues, be careful.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Mark as helpful

11 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You should be able to get the information from the US State department website

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree


What seams to be a simple question raises enormous complexities. The questions you would have to answer you would not want to memorialize in an AVVO writing. I strongly suggest you talk with your grandma and ask her to inquire with legal counsel concerning the legal dynamics related to your particular situation. That is really the best way to proceed.

If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics