Skip to main content

How do I get a Naturalization Certificate?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I have a US passport, it is valid but an immigration officer told me that the immigration sysytem still has me as a Legal Permanent resident. I don't have a US Naturalization Certificate what do I do? They sugggested I start an N-600? I became a US citizen thru my parents Naturalization. I was under age when we became citizens. They have a Certificate but one never came for me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Correct, file Form N-600 with USCIS if you were never issued a Certificate of Naturalization, or Form N-565 for a replacement if one was issued but you never received it.

Contact Shokry G. Abdelsayed, Esq. at 201-471-7989. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form an attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


I agree with the officer, file the N-600.

Good luck.

Marc Taylor, Esq.


You should file an N-600 if you never received a certificate of citizenship, or an Application to replace the certificate of citizenship if you were issued one but never received it.

Avvo doesn't remunerate me for this response, and I'm only offering limited advice based on the few facts given me in your question. I am not your lawyer solely because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me or are interested in a low cost or free consultation, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. It's impossible to fully evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer