How do I get a K1 immigration visa for my fiance?

Asked about 3 years ago - Hampton, VA

I know there are certain conditions we have to meet to fulfill requirements, but I'm not sure how we can prove all of the conditions.


Attorney answers (4)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can easily look up the conditions, which I assume you have done. As in all matters in immigration, the tricky part comes when you have to prove things. The general rule is, you have to prove every element that is required, and that proof should usually be independent documentation. In most cases it is not enough simply to tell the government that this and that is so, the government will want to see proof independent of your words.

    And this is where it becomes smart to hire an attorney. The attorney will sit down with you and look at your personal details, something we cannot do here on the net. And then he or she will discuss with you what kind of proof will be suitable or not.

    So, get an attorney and plan your future as a couple in the U.S.

    Wolf W. Kaufmann
    Southern California Immigration Attorney

    No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Meet in person within 2 years of filing, be single, petitioner US Citizen, intent to marry w/in 90 days of arrival.

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Please see this article on the process

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State... more
  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Evidence management and use is complicated, you should use an attorney so he can assist you with the process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,375 answers this week

3,658 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,375 answers this week

3,658 attorneys answering