How do I get a Guardian Ad Litem to represent my children to modify custody rights?

Asked over 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

My children are 6 and 4 and are scared and do not want to stay with the non custodial parent. This is now affecting their behavior and affecting my 6 year olds school work. Should I get a counselor as well other than the school counselor who has been meeting with my daughter to help the Guardian Ad Litem? The non-custodial parent was absent for four years and has been put on a phase in period but they are having trouble with one night and have threatened to kill him. She is six and the sweetest girl in the world so I am not sure she will but hearing her speak that throws a flag at me. He has already seen CPS for other problems he had with them.

1. Larry David Stassin

1

Answered . You will need to file a petition with the court requesting the same. You should consult with an attorney regarding not only the benefits of a GAL, but the cost as well.