How do I get a final restraining order against me dropped, If I live in a different state, from which it was ordered?

Asked over 1 year ago - Skaneateles, NY

About 6/7 yrs ago, my ex had me arrested by NJ state Police. She filed a complaint against me for "threatening her life" . I held my ground that I was innocent. The state Police did not file charges against me. Now I had to go to 2 seperate courts for the matter. Salem County Superior Court, and Pilesgrove Municipal. The Salem County judge ordered a restraining order against me (even though I was the one telling the truth!) I am not allowed to posess any firearms or purchaser ID cards. The Pilesgrove complaint was dismissed due to nither my ex, or the state trooper appearing. I pleaded NOT GUILTY! I DO NOT live in NJ anymore, nor do I know the where abouts of my ex. I have completed Domestic Violence,Drug and Alchohol,and other classes. I would like to know how to have this order dropped

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Contact a criminal defense lawyer or a family law attorney where the order was issued and discuss the case with him.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . I suggest you re-post your question in the New Jersey Avvo section.

3. Lawrence Allen Weinreich

1

Answered . The order should have been vacated when the case was dismissed for lack of evidence. Consult with a NJ attorney about checking the records and vacating the order if is wasn't done.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.