How do i get a false arrest off my background?

Asked over 3 years ago - Chesapeake, VA

this was a speeding ticket,and i paid it late.Now it says that Iwas arrestd for it and that is not true.It is causing me trouble getting a job

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Scott Frederick Hallauer

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . I guess I want to know what "it" is. Where did you see this. Generally an arrest in VA can be expunged if you were acquitted of the charge or the charge was dropped and a year has passed. Since you paid it, it might be tough. Maybe the information just relates to you paying the ticket.

  2. Patrick Norman Bailey

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You need to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction to try and either seal/expunge your record if your State allows for such action in your situation or have an attorney correct the case if it shows incorrect information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,444 answers this week

2,719 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,444 answers this week

2,719 attorneys answering