How do I get a divorce when my wife abandon the marriage in June of 2011, and moved to another state

Asked almost 2 years ago - Conroe, TX

I live in the city of Conroe, county of Montgomery, and state of Texas..I have had no contact with my wife since January 2012

we don't have any kids together, we don't have property, or anything to split..we've been married since March 2007, and she abandon the marriage, and left the State in June 2011

1. Robert Constantine Fafatas

1

Answered . You are able to file for divorce in Montgomery County even though she left, assuming the other jurisdictional qualifications are met. The law doesn't punish you if she leaves by making you go somewhere else to file.

2. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

1

Answered . You file a petition for divorce in Montgomery County. Have the citation issued and send it to the county sheriff where she is living. If you don't know where she is living, you must try to locate her. If you can't locate her, then you must cite her by publication. The court will appoint an attorney ad litem to try to locate her. Then you subsequently appear in court to "prove up" the divorce. That is what you do. If you can't figure out how to do all this, I suggest you get professional help to do it for you.

Lawyers are trained how to do this. You can't learn "how" on a website, anymore than you can learn "how" to do a root canal on your tooth.