How do I get a death certificate for my ex spouse?

Mesa, AZ |

My ex spouse and I were divorced in 2002 and I would like to get a death certificate and find out where to go or what to do to get it.

1. I'm assuming this is for an Arizona Certificate of Death. Then the first question is "Why do you need the death certificate?" You can go to http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/death-certificate/obtain.htm and look at the various people who can obtain copies of death certificates. The Department of Health is looking for some specific facts that show that you have a legitimate interest in obtaining a copy. For example, you want to file a claim for life insurance and the life insurance company is requiring a death certificate. Something like that. You can't just get a copy because you are curious.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

Wills and estates topics