Skip to main content

How do i get a court order for a paternity test?

Hobart, IN |

Hello guys my name is rodrigo, there is a girl that had a baby and that its mine and i'm not sure how do u get her to do a DNA test bc she does not let me see the baby but she says is mine

Attorney Answers 2


Hire counsel who can prepare the proper court papers to establish your legal rights.

Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. He can be contacted at (219) 836 2200. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


If you cannot afford private counsel call the prosecutors office. They have a program to help establish paternity. But warning the do NOT represent you. They are interested in establishing paternity and getting child suppose paid.

Once you get in court tell the judge first thin you want a DNA test.

Do not sign the paternity affidavit as that will mean you are the father even if DNA proves otherwise.

DNA is important because you have no idea of she had sex with another man. No matter what she says about it there is a good chance she is lying about who the father is. If you have a good job and the other guy is a deadbeat she will claim you are the father.

Note that this answer is NOT a substitute for legal advice, nor does it create an attorney client relationship. Please consult with an attorney.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics