How do I get a copy of a motion of discovery?

Asked over 2 years ago - Macon, GA

My son is in jail and needs a copy of the motion of discovery on a previous case. Is that document available to the public or can only he request/recieve a copy.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Morris Hugh Wiltshire Jr.


    Contributor Level 11
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If it was filed with the cerk of court in the previous case a copy of the motion can be obtained from the records of the clerk of court.

  2. Noah Howard Pines

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Ask his lawyer.

  3. Richard A. Grossman


    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . If the motion has been filed with the Clerk of Court you would be able to obtain a copy from the clerk's office in the county where the motion was filed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,018 answers this week

2,883 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,018 answers this week

2,883 attorneys answering